Lombok is a project that removes some of the tediousness of Java by letting you use annotations to replace the verbosity of Getters/Setters (and heaps of other cool things!)
- This is mostly a note for me to help save a TON of time screwing around again.
- Play 2.2.x works 'out of the box' just by including lombok in your dependencies
libraryDependencies ++= Seq( foo, bar, baz, "org.projectlombok" % "lombok" % "1.12.6" )
- Where you run into issues is that play eclipse won't add the correct stuff for lombok to work correctly.
- After a lot of messing around, I just went back to the method suggested on the site
- Download from http://projectlombok.org/download.html
- Run the installer and let it configure Eclipse